- Reader in the School of Communication, Arts, and Critical Enquiry at La Trobe University
- Pro to the question "Should Euthanasia or Physician-Assisted Suicide Be Legal?"
“My central thesis is that there is a strong case for legalising physician-assisted suicide and voluntary euthanasia but that it is neither justifiable nor necessary to do so for non-voluntary euthanasia.”
Medically Assisted Death, 2007
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, JDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to end-of-life issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to end-of-life.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Reader, School of Communication, Arts, and Critical Enquiry, La Trobe University (Melbourne, Australia)
- Coordinator, Program in Philosophy, La Trobe University
- Fellow, American Heart Association
- Co-researcher, “Reassessing Egalitarianism,” funded by the Australian Research Council
- PhD, school unknown
- BA, school unknown
- BEc (Bachelor of Economics), school unknown
- Area of expertise is ethics and bioethics
- Quoted in: