- Retired Family Doctor
- Pro to the question "Should Euthanasia or Physician-Assisted Suicide Be Legal?"
“My 25-old-daughter Emily Rose desperately pleaded for this option during the final few agonizing months of her life last spring when she suffered in horrific pain from terminal leukemia, despite getting great home hospice and palliative care.
As a Catholic, I pray to God for the passage of the bills authorizing medical aid in dying. These laws would ensure that dying Americans have the option to pass peacefully in their sleep, suffer less, and spare themselves the pain of a lengthy and prolonged death that my daughter had to endure.”
“Why This Catholic Physician Supports Medical Aid in Dying,” davisenterprise.com, Mar. 16, 2015
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, JDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to end-of-life issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to end-of-life.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Volunteer, Compassion & Choices
- Former family doctor (Santa Ana, CA)
- MD, Harvard Medical School, 1983
- Twitter handle: @robertolveramd
- Quoted in: