- Lawyer for the Federal Trade Commission's Mergers Division
- Pro to the question "Should Euthanasia or Physician-Assisted Suicide Be Legal?"
“[P]hysician assistance in hastening death is a legitimate form of medical care. We also present a principled basis for permitting physician assistance in hastening death in states where it has not yet been legalized, based on larger principles already established in the laws regulating medical practice today.”
Cowritten with Ronald A. Lindsay and Tom L. Beauchamp, “Hastened Death and the Regulation of the Practice of Medicine,” Washington University Journal of Law & Policy, 2006
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, JDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to end-of-life issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to end-of-life.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Lawyer, Federal Trade Commission, Mergers III
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association, 2001-present
- Member, New York State Bar Association, 1978-present
- Of Counsel, Swidler, Berlin, Shereff, Friedman, LLP
- Lawyer, Department of Justice Antitrust Division
- Counsel, Dechert LLP
- JD, magna cum laude, State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo, 1977
- BA, cum laude, Denison University, 1969
- None found