- Chairman and Professor in the Department of Pediatrics /Beatrix Children's Hospital, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, the Netherlands
- Pro to the question "Should Euthanasia or Physician-Assisted Suicide Be Legal?"
Note: Dr. Sauer is on record as having performed euthanasia in the Netherlands, where the practice has been legal since 2001.
June 1, 2007
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, JDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to end-of-life issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to end-of-life.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Chairman and Professor, Department of Pediatrics /Beatrix Children’s Hospital, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, the Netherlands, 1997-Present
- President, International Pediatric Research Foundation, Present
- Member, Institutional Review Committee, Children’s Nutrition Research Foundation in Houston, U.S.A., Present
- Professor of Pediatrics and Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Sophia Children’s Hospital in Rotterdam, 1986-1997
- Head of the Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Sophia Children’s Hospital in Rotterdam, 1984-1997
1991-1995 – European Chief Editor, Pediatric Research
- Visiting Assistant-Professor, Research Institute, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada, 1982-1984
- Staff Member, Department of Pediatrics, Sophia Children’s Hospital in Rotterdam, 1978-1982
- Specialized in Pediatrics in the Sophia Children’s Hospital in Rotterdam, 1974-1978
- PhD, university not known, 1982
- MD, University Medical Centre Groningen, 1971
- None found