- Con to the question "Should Euthanasia or Physician-Assisted Suicide Be Legal?"
- “Accepting a ‘right to suicide’ would create a legal presumption of sanity, preventing appropriate mental health treatment.
- Almost all who commit suicide have mental health problems.
- Persons with mental disorders make distorted judgments.
- Most of those attempting suicide are ambivalent; often, the attempt is a cry for help.
- The disorders leading many to attempt suicide are treatable.
- Few of those rescued from suicide attempts try again.”
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
“The National Right to Life Committee was founded in 1973 in response to a United States Supreme Court decision [Roe v. Wade] released on January 22 of that year, legalizing the practice of human abortion in all 50 states, throughout the entire nine months of pregnancy…
The National Right to Life Committee has been instrumental in achieving a number of legislative reforms at the national level, including a ban on non-therapeutic experimentation of unborn and newborn babies, a federal conscience clause guaranteeing medical personnel the right to refuse to participate in abortion procedures, and various amendments to appropriations bills which prohibit (or limit) the use of federal funds to subsidize or promote abortions in the United States and overseas…
The primary interest of the National Right to Life Committee and its members has been the abortion controversy; however, it is also concerned with related matters of medical ethics which relate to the right to life issues of euthanasia and infanticide. The Committee does not have a position on issues such as contraception, sex education, capital punishment, and national defense.
In addition to maintaining a lobbying presence at the federal level, NRLC serves as a clearinghouse of information for its state affiliates and local chapters, its individual members, the press, and the public.”
“To restore legal protection to innocent human life.”
- None Found
- Quoted in: