- Research Assistant at the DeVos Center for Religion and Civil Society at the Heritage Foundation
- Con to the question "Should Euthanasia or Physician-Assisted Suicide Be Legal?"
“A lot is at stake in the debate over physician-assisted suicide. The immediate victims are the most vulnerable in society—the sick and elderly.
But that also means every last one of us is vulnerable: It is only a matter of time before each one of us ages and dies. How many years until our own lives are deemed less valuable?
Ultimately, we all suffer in a culture that fails to honor the dignity of every single human life. We do ourselves a disservice when we fail to empathize with those who are suffering, to do our duty by those entrusted to our care.
There is still time to reverse course. But we must act now before laws like those in Hawaii become the new norm.”
“Physician-Assisted Suicide in Hawaii Is an Attack on All of Us,” dailysignal.com, Apr. 16, 2018
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Research Assistant, DeVos Center for Religion and Civil Society, Heritage Foundation, Aug. 2017-present
- Research Intern, American Principles Project, Mar. 2017-July 2017
- Resident Assistant, Christendom College, Aug. 2015-May 2017
- Legislative Intern, US Senate, May 2016-July 2016
- Student Life Assistant, Christendom College, Sep. 2014-Aug. 2015
- BA, Philosophy, Christendom College, 2017
- Twitter handle: @MonicaGBurke
- Quoted in: