- Con to the question "Should Euthanasia or Physician-Assisted Suicide Be Legal?"
“I believe the evidence leads to the conclusion that we must not legalize euthanasia or physician-assisted suicide. Instead, our society should mobilize a life-giving health care system that includes compassionate care for the dying, adequate analgesia and human comforts near the end of life, and widespread education about the right to refuse burdensome medical care.”
Euthanasia and Physician-Assisted Suicide: Killing or Caring?, 1998
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, JDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to end-of-life issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to end-of-life.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Former Medical Practitioner
- Member, American College of Physicians
- MD, School unknown
- MA, Divinity, Licentiate in Sacred Theology, St. Mary Seminary in Baltimore, Maryland
- None found
- Quoted in: