- Solicitor General of Oregon
- Pro to the question "Should Euthanasia or Physician-Assisted Suicide Be Legal?"
“The Death With Dignity Act (DWDA) is an expression of Oregon’s ‘independent sovereign[ty],’ within the ambit of the State’s historic power to regulate the practice of medicine. The U.S. Attorney General’s threat to deregister or prosecute Oregon physicians and pharmacists who comply with the DWDA will necessarily deprive Oregonians of the rights embodied in that Act.”
Brief in support of Respondent, Gonzales v. Oregon, 2005
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, JDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to end-of-life issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to end-of-life.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Solicitor General, Oregon
- Oregon Department of Justice
- Admitted to Oregon Bar in 1991
- None found