- Professor in Philosophy and Medical Ethics at the Center for Ethics and Philosophy at Free University in Amsterdam
- Pro to the question "Should Euthanasia or Physician-Assisted Suicide Be Legal?"
“Assisting death in no way precludes giving the best palliative care possible but rather integrates compassionate care and respect for the patient’s autonomy and ultimately makes death with dignity a real option.”
“Assisted Death in the Netherlands: Physician at the Bedside When Help Is Requested,” Physician-Assisted Dying: The Case for Palliative Care & Patient Choice, 2004
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, JDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to end-of-life issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to end-of-life.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Professor in Philosophy and Medical Ethics, Center of Ethics and Philosophy, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Editorial Board, Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics
- None found
- None found
- Quoted in: