- Professor of Philosophy and Women’s Studies and Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Simmons College
- Pro to the question "Should Euthanasia or Physician-Assisted Suicide Be Legal?"
“A blanket prohibition against euthanasia, while clear and easy to maintain, seems to me inconsistent with feminism’s rejection of rigid absolutism and its embracing of context and ambiguity.”
“‘Fatal Practices’: A Feminist Analysis of Physician-Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia,” Hypatia, Spring 1999
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, JDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to end-of-life issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to end-of-life.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Professor of Philosophy and Women’s Studies, Simmons College
- Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, Simmons College
- PhD, New York University
- MA, New York University
- BA, Vassar College
- None found