- Chauncey Stillman Professor for Ethics, Morality, and the Practice of Law at the University of Michigan Law School
- None Found to the question "Should Euthanasia or Physician-Assisted Suicide Be Legal?"
No position found as of June 14, 2006
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, JDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to end-of-life issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to end-of-life.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Chauncey Stillman Professor for Ethics, Morality, and the Practice of Law, University of Michigan Law School
- Appointed as member of the President’s Council on Bioethics, 2006-Present
- Received a Robert Wood Johnson Investigator Award, 2005
- Columnist, Hastings Center Report
- Keynote address for a symposium on legal education in honor of the 100th anniversary of the Kyoto University Faculty of Law
- Presented The American Law Firm: Triumph and Crisis at a faculty workshop at the University of Tokyo.
- Received high praise in numerous journals for The Practice of Autonomy: Patients, Doctors, and Medical Decisions
- JD, University of Michigan Law School
- BA, Harvard College
- None found
- Quoted in: