- Professor of Law at the Queensland University of Technology
- Pro to the question "Should Euthanasia or Physician-Assisted Suicide Be Legal?"
“It’s possible to have the best of both worlds – a regulated voluntary euthanasia and assisted suicide law that protects the interests of vulnerable groups. We can draft legislation that permits choice for those whose suffering we cannot help as well as valuing and safeguarding vulnerable people in our community.”
Cowritten with Lindy Willmott and Robert Douglas, “Safe Assisted Dying Laws Are Possible, So Let’s Make Them,” theconversation.com, May 7, 2013
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, JDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to end-of-life issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to end-of-life.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Professor of Law, Queensland University of Technology (Australia), 2012-present
- Director, Australian Centre for Health Law Research
- Committee Member, Australasian Association of Bioethics and Health Law
- Committee Member, Queensland State Secretary for the Rhodes Scholarship, Australia
- Commissioner (part-time), Queensland Law Reform Commission, 2007-2010
- Commissioner, Queensland Law Reform Commission, 2005-2007
- Former Associate, Legal Aid Queensland (Australia)
- Former Associate, Supreme Court (Australia)
- DPhil, Oxford University, 2005
- LLB, honors, Queensland University of Technology
- Professor White was a Rhodes Scholar while at Oxford University.
- Quoted in: